2018 START National Training Institute
The annual START National Training Institute (SNTI) is provided by the Center for START Services, a non-profit, national initiative based at the University of New Hampshire Institute on Disability/University Center for Excellence in Disability (UCED). The SNTI was founded in 2016 to provide a forum where START network partners from around the country learn about research findings, along with best practices and innovations associated with START programs, to improve local capacity, service outcomes, and life experiences for individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities (IDD) and behavioral health needs and their families.
The 2018 SNTI will be held May 7-9, 2018 at the Sheraton Hotel in Boston's Back Bay neighborhood. Attendees will have the opportunity to create a tailored learning experience by selecting breakout Sessions from five content strands:
- Strand A: Strength Based Approaches
- Strand B: Integrated Healthcare
- Strand C: Community Inclusion
- Strand D: Social Policy
- Strand E: Crisis Response
For more information, visit the Center for START Services Website.
Sunday, May 6, 2018
- 4:00pm-6:00pm Early Bird Registration
- 4:30pm-6:00pm Pre-Conference Session
Monday, May 7, 2018
- 8:30am-10:15am Opening Remarks & Keynote Presentation
- 10:30am-12:00pm Panel Discussion
- 12:00pm-1:15pm Lunch on your own
- 1:30pm-3:00pm Break Out Session 1
- 3:15pm-4:45pm Break Out Session 2
- 5:15pm-6:30pm Poster Session and Social Networking Event
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
- 9:00am-10:00am Panel Discussion
- 10:00am-10:30am Poster Awards
- 10:45am-12:15am Break Out Session 3
- 12:30pm-2:00 pm Awards Luncheon
- 2:30pm-4:00pm Break Out Session 4
- 4:30pm-6:00pm START 30th Anniversary Event
Wednesday, May 9, 2018
- 9:00am-10:00am Keynote Presentation
- 10:15am-11:45am Panel Discussion
- 11:45am-12:15pm Closing Remarks
Session times are subject to change.
Sheraton Boston Hotel
- Special room rate of $289 per night.
- Call (888) 627-7054 to arrange reservation by phone. Use Group Code "SE06AA" or mention "START National Training Institute" to secure room rate.
- Or click here to Book your Reservation Online
- Limited availability. Cut off April 6, 2018.
Sponsorship opportunities are still available, visit the Center for START Services website for more information.
Date & Time
Full Training Institute Rates
Includes Monday-Wednesday registration and access to all special events (does not include Sunday intro to START).
- Standard Rate: $699
- START Team Member Rate: $599
- Group Rate (5+): $549
Single Day Rates
- Monday Only $275
- Tuesday Only includes awards luncheon $350
- Wednesday Only $75
- Sunday Intro to START Session $50