The National Center for START Services offers a live, 6-session course that gives Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) the knowledge, skills, and resources needed to provide individuals with IDD and mental health service needs (IDD-MH) positive, person-centered, strengths and wellness-based supports and services.
The course consists of 6 weekly, webinar-style sessions via Zoom (105 minutes each) where the course facilitator will demonstrate how the information reviewed during sessions can be applied in the day-to-day support of people with IDD-MH. Each session will host 75-minutes of instruction and a 30-minute office hour session will follow for more in depth discussion with questions and answers. Registration is $149 per person and participants can receive University of New Hampshire Continuing Education Units and a Certificate of Completion for MHIDD Training for Direct Support Professionals.
Who should attend?
- It is highly recommended for the following providers:
- Direct Support Professionals (both MH and IDD)
- Functional Support Specialists (both MH and IDD)
- Residential/AFL/home care providers & staff
- Day habilitation & residential supervisors
Cost: This costs money to use