The New Hampshire Health Professions Opportunity Project (HPOP) offers an opportunity for motivated, eligible, low-income adults to train for and find jobs in health care occupations in New Hampshire — specifically health jobs that are projected to be in high demand and pay well. HPOP uses an employer-driven model to identify gaps in skilled health care occupations, and to place trained, committed candidates in these jobs for long-term success and self-sufficiency.
Attitude counts in HPOP! HPOP is seeking a diverse pool of highly motivated applicants with a range of educational backgrounds, work experience, language proficiency, or previous life experience.
All interested adults can apply.
HPOP offers training/education opportunities in a variety of health fields via established education and training providers/institutions:
- Allied Health
- Long-term Care
- Child Care Health Advocacy
- Health Information Technology
A special track also offers an opportunity for current healthcare workers to advance their skill and move up in their health career.
Case Managers work closely with participants to match individual interests and abilities with health occupations that are anticipated to have job openings. Financial support is available for educational expenses/tuition, and supportive services as determined by individual needs. Help with needed prerequisites are available prior to entering a health occupation training program.
Over five years, HPOP will train a minimum of 1,000 adults, strengthening New Hampshire’s healthcare workforce.
HPOP will operate in Concord, Manchester, Nashua, and the Seacoast Region.
- Step by Step Guide to Getting into College and Graduating (PDF)
- HPOP Success Story: Debbie Miller (PDF)
- National CLAS Standards
- Frequently Asked Questions for Educators and Trainers (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions for Businesses & Employers (PDF)
- Health Careers by Title (with career planning map) (PDF)
- Introduction to the Health Professions Opportunity Grants Program and First Year Implementation and Outcomes (Urban Institute) (PDF)
- Health Professions Opportunity Grants Program Community Website
- What is HPOP? (PDF)
- Find a Health Career (PDF)