This year, the NH-ME LEND program is pleased to welcome two alums from the 2021 cohort who will bring their expertise in early childhood education and mental health. Drawing upon their experience of being LEND trainees, they will each be mentoring a trainee in the 2024 cohort and contributing their professional knowledge to the LEND program.

Ivory Mills is a woman with curly brown hair pulled back by a head band wearing transition lense glasses. She's dressed for fall with a colorful sweater and scarf, outside in a forest.

Ivory Mills is a passionate early childhood educator with a mental health background. She currently works for Maine's Children's Trust in Augusta, Maine, where she coordinates training for the eleven agencies implementing the Maine Families home visiting programs. In her role there, she onboards new family visitors and implements various training topics. She also provides technical assistance as a Parents as Teachers State Office co-leader. Ivory’s expertise stems from multiple positions, including her time at a local Maine mental health agency and her roles at Head Start, where she started as an Assistant Teacher and ultimately promoted to the Family Services and Home-Based Coordinator.

"I went into LEND uncertain of my goals beyond wanting to become a better leader. What I discovered was a whole new sense of who I was and what I could offer families and my community. And now I get the honor of helping others discover that and more for themselves."

Tracey Miller is a woman with wavy midlength gray hair, wearing a colorful blouse sitting outside on a porch.

Tracey Miller is the Disabilities/Mental Health Manager for Southern Kennebec Child Development Corporation, a Head Start agency in Central Maine. At SKCDC, Tracey oversees referrals and services for children with disabilities and developmental delays and provides support to teachers in implementing inclusive practices in the classroom. Tracey also works with community partners to assist children, families, and staff in accessing mental health resources. Tracey’s prior experience includes time as an Early Childhood Special Educator, as a Special Education Ed Tech/BHP, and as an Assistant Teacher in a private preschool. She serves as Board Secretary for the Maine Parent Federation.

“My experience as a LEND trainee was transformative, personally and professionally. Considering what the program has given me, I am thrilled to now contribute as a faculty member.”