Our postdocs are offered additional formal and informal training that provides for the development of research skills. Below is a list of opportunities available to ARRT postdocs, depending on their experience to date
Mini-practicum with IOD faculty:
- Survey sampling and weighting
- Introduction to grant applications
- Disability Policy
- Disability and the Labor Force
- Qualitative research
Graduate courses at UNH available to audit (2 semesters of training, on average):
- Econometrics I and II
- Postdocs may request an alternative series of courses from the full UNH graduate catalog
Other opportunities (some may require additional application processes and not all postdocs may be eligible):
- Coursera short courses
- Junior Scholar Intensive Training at University of Wisconsin:
Training in Social Security Administration policy and research. One week of training in Madison, Wisconsin, coupled with mentorship and small funding opportunity.
- AUCD Leadership Academy:
Training in leadership for disability researchers and advocates. Features one week of on-site training in Atlanta, Georgia, and on-going group mentorship for one year.
- UNH Research and Engagement Academy:
The Research and Engagement Academy consists of workshops and coaching over four months with a focus on interdisciplinary grant writing.