2019-2020 NH MTSS-B Tier 1 Training Series
Many New Hampshire schools continue to struggle with the complex social, emotional, and behavioral needs of students. Failure to meet these needs not only affects academic achievement, it can also result in negative outcomes such as mental health crises, substance misuse, dropping out of school, risky sexual behavior, and violence.
Addressing these needs has never been more important, and requires more than quick fixes and one-day workshops. The MTSS-B framework has been shown to improve student engagement, create school climates and cultures that are positive and inclusive of all students, improve student academic outcomes, and reduce behavioral issues.
This interactive, hands-on training is for school-level leadership teams that are ready to implement the evidence-based Multi-Tiered System of Support Framework for Behavioral Health and Wellness (MTSS-B).
Participants will focus on how to establish Tier 1 “Universal” systems. School teams will learn how to organize their learning community to include diverse school and community voice, create a positive school-wide system, align multiple efforts and resources, and how to create a coherent, consistent, and positive environment for all students.
Each participating Tier 1 Team should identify a Team Leader or Internal Coach. This individual will receive additional training and support. Their responsibilities will include facilitating team meetings, working with the school’s external MTSS-B Trainer/Coach to ensure critical elements are in place, and leading the ongoing process of progress monitoring and fidelity assessment to ensure the system is high-quality and sustainable.
Participants will learn about:
• The major features of MTSS-B
• How to establish an effective, efficient school-wide leadership team
• Establishing school-wide values and theme
• Aligning MTSS with social/emotional learning and trauma-sensitive practices
• Developing procedures for teaching and acknowledging school-wide expectations
• Effective classroom practices
• Engaging family and youth voice
• Responding to concerning behaviors
• Data-based decision making
• Next steps for Tier 2 and Tier 3
hosted by UNH Institute on Disability
designed and delivered by
Date & Time
Training Package Includes:
- Orientation Call for Administrators & Coaches – January 10, 2020 | 8:30am-10:00am
- Four Universal Team Training Days
- Two Team Leader/ Internal Coach Training Days
- Breakfast and lunch for each in-person session
Training Package Cost:
- $3,000 per school team of 3-5
- $4,000 per school team of 6-8
- $500 per additional team member over 8