Vision for Supporting Families and the Community of Practice in New Hampshire:
The Community of Practice for Supporting Families of Individuals with Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities exists to enhance and drive policy, practice, and system transformation to support people with intellectual/developmental disabilities within the context of their families and communities.
Introducing and using Charting the LifeCourse framework and principles to develop a vision for a good life across the lifespan.
- Supporting individuals/families to use Lifecourse concepts and tools in a way that is beneficial to them in all areas of life.
- Encouraging and supporting Person-Centered thinking, planning, and problem solving.
- Currently working on No Wrong Door initiatives, with the plan being to redesign the waiver.
- Developing a webpage with resources and tools to be accessed by all.
- Education for stakeholders about Charting the Lifecourse principles and tools.