The New Hampshire-Maine Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities Program (NH-ME LEND) is a collaboration between the Institute on Disability/UCED at the University of New Hampshire, the Center for Community Inclusion and Disability Studies/UCED at the University of Maine and Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center.

Many graduates of the NH Leadership Series participate in LEND as part of their journey and this year we have several alumni participating in the program:

• Amy Girouard, NHLS Class of 2014
  • Heather Young, NHLS Class of 2017
  • Wendy Morrison, NHLS Class of 2020
  • Krista Gilbert, NHLS Class of 2019
  • Audrey Gerkin, NHLS Class of 2016
“NH LEND has offered a wonderful balance of Clinical exposure, Academic Seminar, and Leadership Placement work.  It is tying together my past professional career as a Special Education teacher and Direct Care worker in a variety of settings, which is only complimenting my lived experience as a mom and advocate for my 20-year-old daughter with Cornelia de Lange Syndrome.  I am looking forward to what doors will be opening once the program is finished this spring."

Audrey Gerkin, Class of 2016

Visit the NH-ME LEND Website if you are interested in learning more about the program.