Our trainers are happy to announce the Staying Safe at Work, 2nd Edition curriculum, and will be offering the FREE training opportunities listed below.
We ask that all registrants please complete both portions of the registration process before attending the training:
- The Registration survey lets us learn more about who you are. At the end of the Registration survey, you will be sent to a linked Pre-Test.
- The Pre-Test is not graded, but it does give us an idea as to what you might already know about workplace health and safety and will help us see what you learn from the training. The Pre-Test also asks which training date you would like to attend, as well as any accommodations you would like to request. After you finish the Pre-Test, you will receive an email with the Zoom link.
If you are registering more than yourself, please contact Caitlyn Fulton to receive a printable version of the Pre-Test to share with your co-registrants.
Please note that we will need at least a seven-day advance notice of any accommodation needs in order to provide the best service possible.
|Title||Date & Time||Location|
|SSAW Training 18 (two days) (link opens in new window)||Weds, Mar 15, 2023, 9:00am-12:00pm
Thur, Mar 16, 2023, 9:00am-11:30am
|SSAW Training 19 (one day) (link opens in new window)||Thur, Mar 30, 2023, 9:00am-3:00pm||Zoom|
|SSAW Training 20 (three days) (link opens in new window)||
Mon, April 3, 2023, 1:00pm-3:00pm
|SSAW Training 21 (two days) (link opens in new window)||Tues, April 11, 2023, 1:00pm-4:00pm
Weds, April 12, 2023, 1:00pm-3:30pm
|SSAW Training 22 (one day) (link opens in new window)||Tues, April 18, 2023, 9:00am-3:00pm||Zoom|
|SSAW Training 23 (one day) (link opens in new window)||Thur, May 4, 2023, 9:00am-3:00pm||Zoom|
|SSAW Training 24 (one day) (link opens in new window)||Thur, May 16, 2023, 9:00am-3:00pm||Zoom|
|SSAW Training 25 (two days) (link opens in new window)||Weds, May 31, 2023, 9:00am-12:00pm
Thur, June 1, 2023, 9:00am-11:30am
|SSAW Training 26 (two days) (link opens in new window)||Weds, June 14, 2023, 9:00am-11:00am
Thur, June 15, 2023, 9:00am-12:30am
If you are interested in scheduling a training for your group of eight or more, please reach out to Caitlyn Fulton.
The IOD's Raising Awareness to Increase Safety in Employment (RAISE) project provides attendees with critical job-safety skills and knowledge they need to be safe at work via a FREE, interactive, accessible, and fun training. Each training will be held virtually to encourage interactive learning while ensuring trainees’ safety. Areas of focus include:
- Introduction to Workplace Health and Safety
- Looking for Job Hazards
- Making the Job Safer
- Staying Safe in an Emergency at Work
- Your Rights & Responsibilities on the Job
- Speaking Up for Health and Safety Rights
RAISE is proud to use the newly updated 5½-hour Staying Safe at Work, 2nd Edition curriculum to provide trainings for:
- Under-served workers, including workers with low literacy skills or limited English proficiency, workers with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, and young workers, to teach them the skills to be safe while working;
- Employers to help their employees with disabilities be safer;
- Special Education Teachers / Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors to assist young adults as they transition into employment; and
- Support Teams who want to help workers with disabilities be safer in the workplace.
Our trainers are available to provide a customized schedule to meet the needs of your organization or group. If you are interested in scheduling a training for your group of eight or more, please reach out to Caitlyn Fulton.