Faculty & Staff Highlights
August 23, 2018
- Dr. Betsy Humphreys attended the 2018 AUCD Leadership Academy.
- Dan Habib’s short film Mr. Connolly Has ALS was broadcast nationally on PBS’s WORLD Channel.
- Dr. Joan Beasley spoke about START on a community inclusion panel at the 2018 Royal College of Psychiatrists International Congress which took place in Birmingham, England from June 24-27, 2018. During the panel, which focused on the importance of inclusion and empowerment of people with intellectual disabilities, Dr. Beasley spoke about how START fosters inclusion and promotes the use of strengths-based approaches to improve mental health outcomes and well-being for individuals with IDD.
- In August, the Center for Mental Health Services (CMHS) at the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) with the Administration for Community Living/Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (ACL), hosted an expert panel featuring Dr. Joan Beasley, on Supporting individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities and co-occurring serious mental illness (SMI).
- Dr. Therese Willkomm received the RESNA (Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America) Fellows award, for her significant contributions to the field of assistive technology and the RESNA organization, and was inducted into the Hall of Fellows at their July Annual Meeting.