This summer has been a time of exciting changes and new responsibilities for many members of the IOD’s staff. Here are a few highlights:
- Dr. Debra Brucker: The UNH College of Health & Human Services recently appointed Dr. Brucker as a Research Assistant Professor at the Institute on Disability. You can read more about Deb’s work and accomplishments in the 2015 IOD Annual Report.
- Dan Habib: The White House recently announced that Dan Habib, project director and filmmaker at the IOD, has been reappointed to the President’s Committee for People with Intellectual Disabilities. Habib received his first appointment to the Committee in 2014.
- Dr. Anne D Hurley: Dr. Hurley, Clinical Consultant and Adjunct Research Associate Professor at the Center for START Services, retired at the end of June. Anne joined the first START team as a psychologist in the early 1990's and became a founding member of the Center for START Services and NH START.
- Dr. Amanda Reichard: Dr. Reichard recently became the new Chair of the Disability Research Interest Group (DRIG) for AcademyHealth. In this role, she will be working to elevate the importance of recognizing people with disabilities as a health disparities population.
- Dr. Mary Schuh: The UNH Department of Education recently promoted Dr. Schuh to be a Research Associate Professor of Education. She also serves as the Director of Development & Consumer Affairs at the IOD, and as the Director of the National Center on Inclusive Education.