UNH4U Inclusion Facilitator
Under the direction and supervision of the project director in coordination with appointed faculty and residence life, the Inclusion Facilitator will work with guests in the UNH 4U immersion experiences who have labels of intellectual disabilities to participate in the menu of campus-related activities to orient them to campus life so they can get an idea if they want to apply to the program.
- Accompany guests on campus tours/events as scheduled according to the UNH 4U Immersion schedule which will vary by guest.
- Serve as ambassador to campus, introducing the guest to key contacts, facilities, social networks, answer key questions and foster social inquiry with the guest so to get the most out of the activity
- Act as a mentor to the guest by discussing what it is like to adjust to campus life, the way things work on campus, how to align interests with activities and student organizations on campus
- Introduce guest to students on campus that have similar interests in academics, career objectives, extracurricular activities, recreations interests, etc.
- Document experiences and participate in debriefings with project staff, guests and families.
Location UNH, Durham, NH
- Demonstrated student leadership, mentoring or camp counseling experience
- Reference or nomination form from UNH faculty or administrative personnel.
- Demonstrated social and interpersonal skills.
- 3rd or 4th year student on campus
- Active student life on campus as indicated in resume and reference checks
FTE 20 hours per week/$15 per hour
The University of New Hampshire is a major research institution, providing comprehensive, high-quality undergraduate programs and graduate programs of distinction. UNH is located in Durham on a 188-acre campus, 60 miles north of Boston and 8 miles from the Atlantic coast, and is convenient to New Hampshire’s lakes and mountains. There is a student enrollment of 13,000 students, with a full-time faculty of over 600, offering 90 undergraduate and more than 70 graduate programs.
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
To apply and learn more about this position visit https://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/35339.