The RENEW IV project represents a collaboration between the Institute on Disability, New Hampshire’s 10 community mental health centers, and the NH Department of Health and Human Services to ensure that RENEW services are available to youth with emotional and behavioral disorders in every region of the state.
This project is a continuation of work funded by the Endowment for Health (2009-2013) to develop RENEW Facilitators and agency RENEW coaches within the community mental health system. RENEW IV (2013-2016) includes training, coaching, mentoring and systems support services to the participating mental health centers and staff to implement the RENEW model.
Overall Project Goal: Build the capacity of the state’s 10 community mental health centers to provide RENEW, with fidelity, to 450 youth, ages 14- 21, who qualify for state-supported community mental health services in New Hampshire between 7/01/2013 and 9/30/2016.
- Provide training and coaching no fewer than 60 staff members to be RENEW Facilitators in the children’s programs over 3 years.
- Ensure sustainability of RENEW implementation, with fidelity, to youth by developing and 20 community mental health staff members to be RENEW coaches.
- Support trained RENEW Facilitators and coaches by developing an online and distance professional development system.
- Improve the outcomes of youth and young adults who receive RENEW by increasing the involvement of family members, schools, and vocational rehabilitation in individual youth teams.
- Ensure sustainability of the implementation of RENEW by addressing and making adjustments to the financial, policy, and accountability infrastructures that govern behavioral health services for children and youth.
- New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services
- Ten Community Mental Health Centers
- Endowment for Health
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) NH
- Granite State Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health
RENEW IV is funded by a three-year grant from the NH Department of Health and Human Services.