- "Partnering for Strength" Conference - Registration now open! - October 26, 2019 from 8:30 AM-4:00 PM at the Grappone Center in Concord, NH.
The Parent Information Center and NH Family Voices is hosting the "Partnering for Strength" Conference - an annual event focusing on educating, collaborating, and enriching families, professionals, and youth. This year's keynote speaker is Zach Rossetti, PhD, Associate Professor of Special Education in the Boston University Wheelock College of Education & Human Development.
- Summer Leadership Program - Unlock Your Potential!
This Summer Leadership Program is a dynamic residential week of leadership development, self-discovery, and social connection. June 30-July 5th and August 11-August 16th. Applications are open and scholarships are available! Application link.
- What are you doing after high school? Come to the Regional Transition Fair! - April 9, 2019 from 5:30-7:30 PM at the Bektash Shriner Center (189 Pembroke Road in Concord)
This is an informational event for individuals with disabilities and their families to assist in making a successful transition to adult life and independence. Register by March 31st. Hosted by the Capital Area Transition Community of Practice.
- Leadership training for youth! - March 30, 2019 from 9:30 AM-3:00 PM, NH Audubon McLane Center
A young adult with a disability or special healthcare needs is still a young adult – come learn how to advocate for yourself in relationships and in the community, how to ask the right questions to get the information you want, and how to make smart decisions and practice self-care while living your life to the fullest . This mini-conference is for youth age 14-26 who experience a disability or special healthcare need. Conference cost is $10, includes lunch. If Assistance with Daily Living Skills is required, please bring a PCA.
Registration link (required)
- Register for "More Than Sad: Youth Suicide Prevention" - February 20, 2019 from 6-8:00 PM, Seacoast Youth Services
From award-winning filmmaker Dan Habib comes Intelligent Lives, a catalyst to transform the intellectual disability label from a life sentence of isolation to a life of possibility for the most systematically segregated people in America.
Be part of our NH Youth Engagement Project networking calls!
Every month, third Wednesday, until June 19, 2019:
- January 16, 2019 - 4:00 PM
- February 20, 2019 - 4:00 PM
- March, 20, 2019 - 4:00 PM
- April 17, 2019 - 4:00 PM
- May 15, 2019 - 4:00 PM
- June 19, 2019 - 4:00 PM
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://unh.zoom.us/j/485847373
Or iPhone one-tap: 16468769923,485847373# or 16699006833,485847373#
Dial: +1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 485 847 373