News & Events
What's NEW! for Behavioral Health Professionals
*Dr. JoAnne Malloy Receives $2.4 Million from HRSA for Building Futures Together Project
Dr. JoAnne Malloy, research associate professor, recently received $2.4M from Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) for Building Futures Together. The newly funded program will prepare 98 paraprofessionals in healthcare and school settings to provide specialized enhanced care coordination to children, youth, and their caregivers whose parents are impacted by opioid use disorders (OUD) and other substance use disorders (SUD). Read more about the project in the IOD's "Vision and Voice."
*Endowment for Health - Fresh Takes: October 2020
Read the latest edition of the Endowment for Health's online newsletter, "Fresh Takes: Children's Behavioral Health Issue."
*Developing an effective response to support young people with serious mental illness: the Onward NH project
*A Journey of Anti-racism - Live Webinars on Thursdays in October
Thursdays, October 1 through October 29, 2020. Engage in a series of facilitated discussions on oppression, implicit bias, microaggressions, power & privilege, and moving towards anti-racism. This five-part series will provide an opportunity to participate in experiential exercises, reflection, and dialogue. Webinar flyer and registration information.
*Coordinating Care for Children & Youth: A Town Hall Conversation about NH's Behavioral Health System of Care
* Interdisciplinary Research in Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health Symposium
December 12, 2019, 5:00-8:00 PM - The Behavioral Health Initiative Interdisciplinary Working Group (FY19 CoRE awardee) is hosting an "Interdisciplinary Research in Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health" symposium. Faculty and graduate students who are interested in interdisciplinary research focused on child and adolescent behavioral health are welcome to attend. To reserve your space, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The New Hampshire Training Institute on Addictive Disorders has posted the following new training opportunities.
- 5/24/19: HIV Trends & Treatment
- 6/11/19: Confidentiality & Ethical Practice: Issues for Substance Use, Mental Health and Other Healthcare Providers
- 6/17/19: HCV (Hepatitis C) Current: Resources for Medical & Behavioral Health Professionals
- 6/20/19: Opioid Addiction & Treatment: Understanding the Disorder, Treatment & Protocol
- 6/21/19: Reentry and Recidivism
- 6/25-6/27/19: Recovery Coach Academy
- 6/26/19: Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences & Working with Complex Trauma
- 6/27/19: Hello, I am a Millennial: Framing Young Adult Culture and Value Systems for Behavioral Health Professionals
* Developing a Trauma Informed Souhegan Valley Community
* It's Criminal Screening
Wednesday, May 15, 2019, 6 PM - Red River Theatres, 11 S. Main Street, Concord. This moving documentary followed a Dartmouth College class that brings students and incarcerated women together to write and perform a play. A panel discussion will follow the screening with former inmates, Dartmouth College professors, and a Department of Corrections Warden. Purchase tickets.
Sunday, May 5, 2019, 12:35 PM - Northeast Delta Dental Stadium, 1 Line Drive, Manchester - Contact Michele Watson at mwatson@NAMINH.org or (603) 545-9569 x353 to get your tickets.
We'll be on State House Lawn on Wednesday, May 1st, from 10 AM - 11 AM, to kick off Mental Health Awareness Month. Join us to celebrate the schools, teachers, and organizations who will be recognized for their work around social emotional learning and raise awareness about children's mental health in New Hampshire.
April 10th, 2019 from 9:15 AM-12:15 PM in the Multi-Purpose Room at MCC. There will be a keynote speaker, Q&A with employers, and information about the BHWET scholarship. Free and open to the public.
* Don't miss out! 2-day team training on research-based strategies for effective and sustained implementation of new practices and reforms!
Register for "Using the Science of Implementation to Make Long-Lasting Change!
* Training Insights January Calendar - The Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester
* Screening of Resilience!
In celebration of Children's Mental Health Awareness week, YouthMOVE is sponsoring a screening of the film Resilience: The Biology of Stress & the Science of Hope at Red River Theatres in Concord, NH -- Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 7:00 PM (Reception in the lobby begins at 5:30 PM). View the event flyer.