New England Regional Genetics Network
The New England Regional Genetics Network (NERGN) advances the health and well-being of individuals with genetic conditions by connecting them with genetic services, educating professionals to improve systems of genetic care, and supporting families in New England. NERGN's vision is that "all individuals with genetic conditions in New England have the opportunity to achieve their fullest potential."
Please visit our project pages at negenetics.org.
NERGN's primary objectives include the following:
- Partner with family-led and other regional organizations to improve knowledge of and access to genetic services;
- Expand the use of telehealth for genetic consults and care;
- Engage non-genetics health professionals in training and education about genetics;
- Focus on reaching and including medically underserved areas and populations; and
- Increase the availability and use of genetic resources.
This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number UH7MC30778; New England Genetics Network; total award amount: 2.4 million; 100% from governmental sources. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.