This project was transferred to the Westchester Institute for Human Development in July 2021
The Inclusive Communities Project at the Institute on Disability (IOD) leverages the IOD’s expertise and the power of documentary film to promote greater acceptance and inclusion of children and adults with disabilities in schools and communities through curriculum, training, public awareness, and worldwide outreach. The Inclusive Communities Project is directed by the IOD’s Filmmaker, Dan Habib. Habib is the creator of the award-winning documentary films Intelligent Lives, Including Samuel, Who Cares About Kelsey?, Mr. Connolly Has ALS, and many other short films on disability-related topics.
Films Dan Habib has developed as a part of the Inclusive Communities Project include:
- "Disabling Segregation" - TEDx Talk
- Including Samuel
- Intelligent Lives
- Intelligent Lives Postsecondary Transition Mini-Films
- Keeping Families Together
- Mr. Connolly Has ALS
- Restraint and Seclusion: Hear Our Stories
- Together: a SWIFT film on Integrated Educational Framework
- Whatever It Takes: a SWIFT film on Inclusive Academic Instruction
- Who Cares About Kelsey?
- Who Cares About Kelsey? Project Mini-Films - Education Revolution at Somersworth High School, Thasya, Axel, Incarcerated Youth, and more.