The Inclusive Communities Project at the Institute on Disability (IOD) leverages the IOD’s expertise and the power of documentary film to promote greater acceptance and inclusion of children and adults with disabilities in schools and communities through curriculum, training, public awareness, and worldwide outreach. The Inclusive Communities Project is directed by the IOD’s Filmmaker, Dan Habib. Habib is the creator of the award-winning documentary films Including Samuel, Who Cares About Kelsey?, Mr. Connolly Has ALS, and many other short films on disability-related topics.
Films Dan Habib has developed as a part of the Inclusive Communities Project include:
- Intelligent Lives
- Mr. Connolly Has ALS
- Including Samuel
- Who Cares About Kelsey?
- Restraint and Seclusion: Hear Our Stories
- Keeping Families Together
- SWIFT Center Films
- "Disabling Segregation" - TEDx Talk
- Who Cares About Kelsey? Project Mini-Films - Education Revolution at Somersworth High School, Thasya, Axel, Incarcerated Youth, and more.
- Together: a SWIFT film on Integrated Educational Framework
- Whatever It Takes: a SWIFT film on Inclusive Academic Instruction