Establishing Tier 1 Systems, Data, and Practices to Maximize Student Engagement and Learning
Many New Hampshire schools continue to struggle with the complex social, emotional, and behavioral needs of students and staff alike. Failure to meet these needs not only affects academic achievement – it can also result in negative outcomes such as mental health crises, substance misuse, dropping out of school, risky sexual behavior, and violence.
Addressing these needs has never more more important and requires more than quick fixes and one-day workshops.
The MTSS-B framework has been shown to improve student engagement, create school climates and cultures that are positive and inclusive of all students, and improve student academic and behavioral outcomes. This interactive, hands-on training is for school-level leadership teams that are ready to implement the evidence-based Multi-Tiered System of Support Framework for Student Wellness and Behavior (MTSS-B). Participants will focus on how to establish Tier 1 “Universal” systems. School teams will learn how to organize their learning community to include diverse school and community voice, create a positive school-wide system, align multiple efforts and resources and how to create a coherent, consistent, and positive environment for all students.
This package also includes one day of additional in-persontraining, plus a half-day follow-up live webinar, for each participating school’s team leader or MTSS-B Coach.
Participants will learn about:
- The major features of MTSS-B
- How to establish an effective, efficient school-wide leadership team.
- Establishing school-wide values and theme
- Aligning MTSS with social/emotional learning & trauma sensitive practices
- Developing procedures for teaching and acknowledging school-wide expectations
- Effective classroom practices
- Engaging family and youth voice
- Responding to concerning behaviors
- Data-based decision making
- Next steps for Tier 2 and Tier 3
Training Series Developed by:
- Heidi Cloutier, MSW, UNH Institute on Disability
- Kathy Francoeur, M.Ed., UNH Institute on Disability
- JoAnne Malloy, Ph.D., UNH Institute on Disability
- Eric Mann, MSW, NH Center for Effective Behavioral Interventions and Supports (NH CEBIS) at SERESC
- Howard Muscott, Ed.D., NH CEBIS at SERESC
- Kate Salvati, MS, Strafford Learning Center
Presented by the NH MTSS-B Collaborative
The New Hampshire MTSS-B Collaborative is a partnership between the NH Center for Effective Behavioral Interventions and Supports (NH CEBIS) at SERESC, Strafford Learning Center, and the Institute on Disability at University of New Hampshire. Our mission is to design, promote, and support NH’s Multi-Tiered System of Support for Behavioral Health and Wellness to improve educational outcomes for all children and youth.
Date & Time
Training Package Includes:
- 3-day team training
- Additional 1-day Coach training
- Additional 3-hour live webinar for Coaches
- NH MTSS-B Workbook for each participant
- Other training materials
- Breakfast and lunch for each in-person session
Training Package Cost:
- $3,000 per school team of 3-5
- $5,000 per school team of 6-8
- $600 per additional team member over 8