Dr. Maura Hart has over 25 years experience supporting teachers and administrators in their professional learning journeys in her work with education graduate study students, pre-service teachers, and facilitation of teams at the school, district, and state level in the cycle of continuous improvement. Dr. Hart began her career as a middle and high school Language Arts and English teacher in NH and VT. Recently, Dr. Hart served as a member of the SWIFT Center (Schoolwide Integrated Framework for Transformation) providing assistance and training in Coaching to educators in the northeast and nationally. Currently, Dr. Hart is a Technical Assistance provider at the UNH SWIFT Education Center Satellite, at the Institute on Disability. She lives in the Upper Valley on a small farm with her husband and 2 teenage daughters.
Coaching for Instructional Excellence
The classroom teacher is expected to deliver highly effective, Tier 1 instructional practices such that all students learn. Yet, without job-embedded coaching, the full effect of teacher training often does not reach students (Joyce & Showers, 2002). This training will equip teacher leaders with the knowledge, tools, skills, and dispositions necessary to provide coaching for evidence informed instructional practices in the classroom. This work will focus on 3 areas: coaching competencies, evidence-informed classroom practices, and implementation strategies for sustainability (including teaming structures to provide leadership for school and/or district based implementation).
Teacher leaders learn the knowledge, skills, and dispositions required to provide coaching for instructional excellence including:
- Essential communication and relationship skills
- Strategies and tools to initiate, deliver, and monitor coaching services
- High-leverage, evidence informed teaching practices
- Constructs of adult learning and Teacher Leadership
- Please Note: Optional, follow-up technical assistance is available to interested participants who complete this training. This would be a separate fee-for-service arrangement and would be tailored to site-specific needs.
Who Should Attend
This 6-day course is intended for teachers and administrators who have an interest in developing their knowledge, skill set, and dispositions to be effective coaches and teacher-leaders.
Date & Time
- $250 for teams of 4+ within same SAU