RENEW Facilitator Training Institute
Learn to Facilitate Success for Our Most Vulnerable Youth
Oct. 13 & 20, and Dec. 1, 2021
8:30am-4:00pm | UNH Institute on Disability, Concord, NH*
RENEW is a youth-directed planning and support process designed to meet the needs of young people with emotional and behavioral challenges transitioning from school to adult life.
Through group activities and instruction, learn to engage youth, facilitate personal futures planning through mapping, develop individualized teams and resources, direct the RENEW team process, conduct school-to-career planning, and empower youth to lead the process.
A brief overview will cover necessary system supports to ensure successful implementation. Attendees will leave with the knowledge and skills to implement RENEW in their practices. This training is the first step in full implementation of RENEW, which also includes receiving coaching and establishing an implementation team to oversee the work.
- Day 1: Orientation to the RENEW Process, youth and family engagement, personal futures planning.
- Day 2: Team facilitation, progress monitoring, resource development, and transition strategies.
- Day 3: Problem-solving for facilitators, education and support strategies, employment supports, and planning for adult living and careers.
Who Should Attend
Middle/high school general and special educators, para-educators, psychologists, mental health workers, health care providers, social workers, and youth and family counselors supporting youth ages 14–25.
*In-Person Event Protocols
UNH IOD will follow safety precautions recommended by the CDC, including but not limited to:
- IOD staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Staff wear a face covering when indoors.
- Visitors are asked to wear a face covering when indoors. Masks provided.
- Training room will be set up to encourage minimum 3 feet of physical distancing.
- Use of disposable food service items.
- Surfaces cleaned and sanitized frequently.
- Hand sanitizer available in multiple locations for use by staff and visitors.
- Staff and visitors will be asked to stay home if they:
- are experiencing symptoms,
- have had contact within the past 14 days with someone who tested positive for COVID-19,
- or have traveled outside the U.S. within the past 14 days.
Date & Time
$800 per attendee
Payment or a copy of a purchase order is due on the day of or prior to the event. To receive a full refund, cancellations must be made in writing seven (7) days prior to the event.